The Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (AISB) is the largest Artificial Intelligence Society in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1964, the society has an international membership drawn from both academia and industry. It is a member of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (see ECCAI benefits).
AISB is a thriving learned society which invites membership from people with a serious interest in Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science and related areas. There are six types of membership: student, ordinary, benefactor, patron, corporate and institutional. The society hosts an annual convention. Members of the Society receive a quarterly newsletter AISBQ which includes short reports on current AI and Cognitive Science research. Members are also entitled to discounts to the ECAI conference.
- AISB 2015 Convention will be held at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, from 20-22nd April 2015.
- AISB-50, the Society's Convention for 2014, was held at Goldsmiths, University of London, from 1st to 4th April 2014.
- The AISB'13 convention was held at the University of Exeter from 2nd to the 5th April 2013.
- 2012 marks the centenary of Alan Turing's birth. Alan Turing Year, seeks to bring together news of all the events and organisations which will be marking the occasion.
- The AISB'12 Convention held at the University of Birmingham, was a great success: honouring Alan Turing and seeing a variety of symposia.
- Postgraduate Conference for Computing: Applications and Theory (PCCAT 2011) was held in Exeter with AISB-sponsored prizes for best poster and best paper.
- Mr Ali Hussain Ali, CNRS, University of Plymouth
- Mr Martin Peniak, PhD student - artificial intelligence, University of Plymouth
- The AISB offers regular Student Travel Awards of up to £300 for conference trips. A list of Student Travel Award Recipients is available.
- AISB members are eligible for the ECCAI dissertation award, and can also apply for ECCAI travel grants to attend the ECAI conference and ACAI summer school.
- Mutual Benefit Ideas - including sponsorship details.