The AISB is now hosting a series of workshops to be held across the country, covering a wide range of themes pertinent to the aims of the AISB. If you are interested in hosting one of these events, you will find information on what you will need to do on this page.
These events are abstract-only and free for all AISB members. Current non-members would be able to attend for the cost of AISB membership, which they will be asked to arrange and pay for in advance by submitting a completed application form to the Executive Office. They would then be eligible to a year's membership of the Society. This applies to speakers and audience alike.
Refreshments (coffee and teas) are funded by the AISB. The first two workshops were both held at Goldsmiths, with a third workshop planned for April at St Mary’s University College on the topic of consciousness (more information in the next issue of Q).
In order to propose a workshop, you will need to complete a brief application with the following details:
- Workshop title;
- Workshop abstract (200-400 words approx.);
- Organiser(s) and main contact (include details of expertise in proposed topic);
- Host Institution details (name, address);
- Planned dates for event (please also include proposed deadlines for the following):
- Abstract Submission,
- Notification of Decision,
- Possible speakers (e.g. do you plan to invite speakers?);
- Where you would advertise (e.g. could you create a page on your institution website?).
There are plans for a series of publications from these events (details TBA).
Details for hosting the workshops can be found here: http://aisb.org.uk/media/files/AISBWorkshops.pdf
Workshop I: Sensorimotor Theory Workshop
Workshop II: Distributed Thinking Symposium V