Benefits of membership
There are many benefits to joining the Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and the Simulation of Behaviour, including:
Corporate members gain:
- The opportunity to place corporate logos on the Society's web site.
- Free advertising or features in the AISBQ or on the web site.
- Free job advertising through the web site.
- The opportunity to consult the committee and the AISB Fellows
- AISBQ quarterly magazine, which contains concise articles covering the latest research in the UK and beyond, book reviews, conference reports, opinion pieces, and Father Hacker.
- Our weekly e-mail bulletin, which contains the latest news, conference calls, job opportunities and information on worldwide AI events.
- Reduced registration fees at the annual AISB convention: one of the UK's biggest general AI conferences. Typically this reduced rate makes it cheaper to join the Society and then register for the convention than to attend the convention as a non-member.
- Reduced registration fees at the ECAI conferences through AISB's membership of ECCAI and all other ECCAI benefits including free access to ECCAI AI Communications from the Members Only Area.
- Travel awards from both SSAISB and ECCAI.
- Reduced rates on selected titles from the Eurospan bookstore - follow link to access and on Artificial Intelligence Review (Kluwer Academic Publishers) - see details in the Members Only Area.
- Access to restricted areas of this web site.
- Assistance in the formation of local and regional AI Groups through small grants towards recruiting external speakers.
The AISB is interested in promoting sponsorship and other mutual benefit relationships with companies and other institutions.
The SSAISB membership fee is also tax deductable (quote membership to SSAISB together with your membership number). Membership prices
|Membership type||UK/EU price||International price|
|Corporate (3 years)||£1000||£1000|
Joining is really easy - simply print out and fill in the membership form, sending it to the address shown at the top of the membership form. If you wish to pay by Direct Debit (our preferred option), then print out and fill in the Direct Debit form and send it along with your application.
Currently we can only accept payment in sterling, so if you wish to pay by cheque please ensure it is in pounds sterling and made payable to "AISB". Overseas cheques should be drawn on a UK, London-based bank or made by Eurocheque.
Word (.doc) Format
Direct Debit form
Word (.doc) Format